| Valentine's day card |
| Another version |
For my birthday this year, we followed our tradition. Judy ordered a special chocolate cake, and we celebrated with cake and tea. I got to talk to my sons and daughters-in-law and each of my grandchildren, plus many other family members. At Roxie's tea, it is the tradition to sing "Happy Birthday" in harmony to the tune of Hyfyrdol. As they sang to me, I soaked in the rich sound of the voices of those bright, strong women.
I smiled at the card from Sheila that welcomed me to the Wonder Years-- as in "I wonder where I put my glasses? I wonder where I parked the car?" And from Florrie, the one that said, "This could be the year you start blurting out your ailments to perfect strangers as in "I can't wear those shoes. They hurt my bunions."Judy found a birthday card in the "Wife-Humorous" section.
But I am over sixty-five, not over eighty-five. Sixty-five is different from eight-five, isn't it? Or did I already ask you that?
| New kind of birthday card |
May the next sixty five be as good as the last five!
ReplyDeleteI wonder if Hallmark will commit to a whole new line of cards for holidays, birthdays and anniversaries. You know, I sell blank cards where you can write in your own special sentiment for your own special person. *wink wink*
ReplyDelete